VerbSap

Verbum Sapienti sat est (A word to the wise suffices)

Name:
Location: Modi'in, Israel

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Theological question

To my learned Muslim readers (of which I'm sure there must be many):

Apparently one is forbidden to have an image of Mohammed (pbuh). So if I have one, should I burn it to show my revulsion at this desecration of the prophet's image?

Maybe we should organize large group burnings of effigies of Mohammed to show our respect for the Islamic tradition.

All those in favour?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's Prophet, with a capital 'p', you infidel.

8/2/06 12:01  
Blogger Kibi said...

Eek! You're right.
I'll go off and behead myself immediately.

8/2/06 12:30  
Blogger Kibi said...

Actually, now that you mention it, I was wondering - is Jesus also considered a prophet (or "Prophet" if you prefer) by Muslims? I seem to remember that he is.

Does that mean one can't have an image of him either? In that case there's one hell of a lot of images of Jesus around that the Muslims need to burn...

8/2/06 14:32  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kibi writes: "I was wondering - is Jesus also considered a prophet (or "Prophet" if you prefer) by Muslims?"

Yes. But most emphatically not the son of God, or having any godly characteristics.

Also, Abraham, Moses and any other folks they could filch from the Jews.

Kibi: "Does that mean one can't have an image of him [Jesus] either?

That's it, not only can you not run your country the way you want, for fear of offending the umrah, you nasty little infidel. You cannot even practice your religion in the manner of your choosing either!

Get with the dhiminitude program, dude!

8/2/06 15:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home